Everyone who starts build Internet sites, runs early or leaves against the question to: How do I put in fact an image on my page? Below find you everything what you must know.
Which format has my image has?
Where you must ensure in any case for, is that you image is not too large. And with the size we mean then in the first place the file size. If you image is a very large file, it lasts, as it happens, much too long before a browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla for example) has charged your page. You run then risk that the visitor of your Internet site impatient doorklikt to another site. We guess you for this reason to no images larger than 50-60kB your web page to set up.
Furthermore the dimensions (the length and breadth) of your image must be of course also not too large. The dimension of an image is expressed in pixels. To give an impression you: the image is 189 widely and 140 pixels high. (The image is the logo of the programme IrfanView, which comes in next subparagraph for the talk.) Care that you image is in any case not broader than 750 pixels, because that is this way approximately the breadth of your baffle.
How can I reduce my image?
That is possible in two manners: by reducing the resolution and by reducing the dimensions. Both manners ensure that the bestandgrootte of your image diminish. Skilful programmaatje (for free) that we use for that always IrfanView are. We show here how you can use it to make your images smaller:
* Open IrfanView and clamour the image which you want set up your Internet site (traffic-jam – open).
* Firstly the number of dpi of your image checks (dpi stands for: dots by inches – oftewel the number of stipjes by inches). This value gives the resolution of your image to: how higher the value (therefore how more stipjes by inches), how more sharply your image. For an image which becomes on a web page is put a resolution of 72 dpi sufficient. To look at which resolution has your image, click you in IrfanView on image – Resize/Resample. Couple dpi-waarde 72 (units= pixels).
* Just afterwards the size of the image to (using the values Width or Height. Care thereby, however, that the length breedteverhouding of your image remain intact (cross for that the option Preserve aspect ratio to). If you are ready, click you on OKAY.
* Lettuce finally your image as jpg- or gif-bestand (traffic-jam – Save ash). Using a drawer beam you can establish here comprimeerpercentage. How lower you establish the percentage, how smaller you file will become. Experiment a smattering, and care this way that the eventual file becomes not larger than hooghuit 60 kB. (How large your image files is, you can see through rapidly to click on traffic-jam – Thumbnails. Dubbelklik on your image folder in the left column and move with your mouse concerning the image (and) in the right column. There then small informatiekadertje appear in which also the image size is indicated.
How do I put my image in a web page?
For that in your html-pagina copy the next text and plak of which:
<img src= http://www.mijn-eigen-website.nl/afbeeldingen/afbeelding1.jpg alt= my image align= right vspace= 8 hspace= 8 width= 125 height= 125 border= 2; style= border-color: save; >
Just vervolgens this code to your own situation and wishes to:
* src= http://www.mijn-eigen-website.nl/afbeeldingen/
afbeelding1.jpg: this meanss that you are image to find on the Internet site http://www.mijn-eigen-website.nl, in the folder images, and that the image concerning afbeelding1 hot.
* alt= my image: what here between double quotations mark stands, is the name which you have given to your image. If you your web page with your mouse concerning the image enters gone, this name comes at voorschijn.
* align= right: this means that you want place yourself image at the right-hand side; you can put down here of course also left.
* vspace= 8: you give a fork of 8 pixels between your image to that there vertically and your text must come; hspace= 8 mean the same, but then in horizontal direction. This way creï ¿ ½ there you a smattering blank space between your image and the neighbouring text. You want that you image entirely rather comes stand takes away (therefore without text), then vspace= 8 and hspace= 8 entirely and puts nï ¿ ½ the <img>-code the next code: <br clear= all >.
* width= 125 and height= 125: give you to which dimensions (expressed in pixels) have your image; you meet again these values in IrfanView under image – Resize/Resample; there you can adapt them also.
* border= 2: this meanss that you want lijntje for your image gone; you can put down here also 0, 1 or a still higher number; 0 no line means and 1 means a something thicker line. How higher the number, how thicker the line.
* style= border-color: save: here give you to which colour must the line for your image. No line (at border 0 have introduced you) wants you, then can you this complete piece code take away.
You want that your image puts linkt to a Internet site, then the complete <img>-code between link-codes. Therefore you put the code <a href= http://www.andere-website.nl > and afterwards the sluitcode </a>. The piece http://www.andere-website.nl replaces you of course by the address of the Internet site to which your image must linken.
Succeed it, and you do not continue see always a red kruisje instead of the image, look then once or you get it for each other using these videotutorial image to insert.
How do I make a web page with a context image?
You can use of course also an image as a context for a web page. You do that in the codecode code of your html-pagina name adding <background> (to see the example code hereafter). Care that the image which you want uses have been stored as .gif – or .jpg – resistant. These formats are supported by all browsers.
example code: <body background= image poison >
I want make thumbnails of my images. How do I do that?
For this you can use again well of the programme IrfanView. As follows work goes:
* Put the images of which want make your thumbnails, in a separate folder on your computer. Care that they are not larger than 100 kB.
* Open IrfanView and click on traffic-jam – Thumbnails. Separate Thumbnails-scherm is now opened.
* Click in Thumbnails-scherm on Options – set Thumbnail Options. Cross to this the vierkantje at Thumbnail quality. Give vervolgens to which size must get your thumbnails: 100 x 100 for example. Finally still give you (under Thumbnail posting) to which context colour wants use you for your thumbnails (click for that on Choose and molar a colour). Then click you on OKAY.
* In Thumbnails-scherm now look up you the folder in which you have put yourself images. If you that folder clicks, vershijnen your images in the rechterhelft of Thumbnails-scherm.
* Thumbnails-scherm make great now this way that you images are exactly this way classified if you want gladly (appetite for that simply to the edges of Thumbnails-scherm). Click then on Options – select all even if your images to select.
* Click finally on traffic-jam – Save selected thumbs ash HTML traffic-jam. There small schermpje appear. Indicate firstly in which folder the programme and html-bestand must store the thumbnails (under Destination folder – click on Browse to select your image folder). Type vervolgens a name in the profession Thumbnails sub-folder. This becomes the name of the folder in which your thumbnails are soon stored. Cross further the option to: Posting left in the second browser window. If you want that there under the thumbnails the title of each image comes stand, you must tick also still the option Write traffic-jam nasty for thumbnail left.
* Click finally on export. IrfanView make now the thumbnails for your and also html-bestand. If you take a look at now your image folder, to see you that in this subfolder have been produced with in this of each image thumbnail (these thumbnails have the same name as your original image, but now with the additive _t). Furthermore html-bestand have come at. Open this file with Internet Explorer, click on picture – source and copies the part between the <table> and </table>-code. This piece code sticks in you your html-pagina and ready kees are!
Finally: how do I come to my images?
You can put of course complete well images on your site which you yourself have made. Photograph which you have made with your own digital camera for example. That has not been this way arranged, look then once round at Clipart.com . You find there an enormous quantity clipart and photograph! For leuke cos-ordination you get help good on Animation Factory .